Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Work Family

Dale called mid-day all excited because his blood levels went up, from yesterday's 300 to today at 2800, so he felt better and he would get a bit of jello and broth. He felt good. Notice the past tense there. Once I got to him after work, he had the jello and broth and once again, it became a bout of diarrhea quickly. His system not only has rejected blood for a few days, it rejected the bit of jello. What in jello could bring diarrhea on? He is pretty discouraged with his poor body acting so poorly. Neither of us had a real good nights sleep & rest apparently, because we have been pretty fragile through our days.

Dale told the physicians to work on the bone marrow transplant insurance issue--they gave him a bit of hope with a word of sometimes it could be "waved." We will work on that part. He knows enough to ask questions of caregivers and is receiving some answers. Makes it better for him to understand what is going on.

Today I felt very supported by co-workers: one sheepishly came to my office this morning and told me others may not know what to say, but that he cares. Whoa. That means a lot to me. Another one who I saw during the day who I had asked to burden him with another duty he normally would not accept, as I thanked him, he told me "Only for you, Jan, only for you." Another Whoa. That means a lot to me. Another told me she read this blog and Dale's blog and it was really a love story between us. Whoa. Yet others come by extending warm wishes, hugs, and listening ears, and walking buddies. Whoa, once again. My extended family of friends at work. Thank you. I need you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment