Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Falling and computer woes

Dale had a medium night, but there were three laundry loads done. And we thought 6 pairs of pajamas would be sufficient for a week before weekly laundry! Dale needs 6 each day so far. He was able to eat a small bowl of cereal and seemed okay. Dave was coming over at 8:00 anyway to help determine if Dale need more sitters through the day.

I called about 10 or so to find out how he was doing. Dale's first statement to me in a raspy and sore sounding voice was: "oh, the paramedics just left, but I am okay." Were they on the list of sitters for the day?? No! Apparently, Dale fell and then passed out.

Dale is stubborn. He went downstairs to work on the computer. He decided that did not work too well so headed back up the stairs. Dave was just coming in and heard a thud and a "help!" Dale's head was on the stair landing and he was very incoherent. Dave called emergency and by the time they arrived (the station is 3 blocks east of us) Dale had showered and cleaned himself up.

My task tonight was to bring his computer upstairs and put in my office-a great room with a view of the mountains. I will miss it. Then move my laptop downstairs. I prefer laptop moving rather than desktops with wires, cords, big components (PCs have tons of stuff) whereas my MAC laptop is great! Even my desktop at work (MAC) would have been very slick to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment