Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ten minutes to 3 hours

We went to Dale's first vincristine infusion today. Now we know what and where it is, but this morning was not good. He felt great pains in his abdomen all the way to Huntsman. Criticized my driving and became a passenger seat driver. I obeyed, he should have as much comfort as I can give, which as the day continued, I did not do so well. Parking garage was pretty bare, so that was okay. He really did not know where the appointment would be other than south of Huntsman center, he thought. Nope. I left him sitting with some nice security men in the wellness center and hunted down where we were to go. It was actually in clinic areas we had been before, just around the corner, which is south of clinics he knew of.

He felt so lousy, it put the nurse on alert, who contacted whomever, and verified his treatment for the day and added three more hours to the process. Would have been 10 minutes of chemo, but with the added treatments for his condition, longer and more stuff. When she injected him with the 10 minute formula, she had to put on contamination gown and gloves and protected Dale's skin around the injection: it eats skin. My oh my! Kills skin, so what does it do inside? Hopefully, JUST kills cancer.

Nurse's magic worked well, so his energy increased. He had some errands to do with me in tow. He felt well enough to drive. Good. I would rather drive alone any way. I did not say much, but what I said did not do well. So then I cried. Hate that! We settled the issues and continued the day with pedicures for us both. Red toes for me. I took a picture to add color to the post, but I thought it a bit odd, so I did not. Nice to relax and be taken care of for a few minutes, though.

All that goes on in my head happens at night, I guess, because I do not wake up refreshed. Hope I can make it through each day of work without becoming ornery and then so exhausted at home, I become even more ornery.

No comments:

Post a Comment