Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rose Gift

Yesterday Dale did well with treatment. How do they figure out what to treat him with anyway? This round also adds in eye drops several times a day to prevent blindness. Great! Another issue for him to deal with. Chemo may kill cancer cells, but it looks like its side-affects are pretty vicious also. His spirits are solid, attitude tiring although boosted greatly by friends, family, and visitors at any time.

This is the rose bush that the Heavenly Angels planted for us the other night. It looks grand and we will always remember its presentation of love.


Work seemed to have extra stressors around, although I turned one situation around that may have been an additional stressor. Youth-in-Custody student had "attitude" which I skillfully turned into excitement to join our student body. Yahoo! There is so much to do to get a high school to run effectively, I am not sure if one can understand unless they have been there themselves in the whole process. Staff, teachers, students, counselors, coaches, advisors, PTSA, volunteers, and administrators-or in other words-everyone that walks in the doors-put in so much time, thought, efforts, training, adjusting, heart, and soul to keep it running well for America's children. I am amazed at all that goes into each day to educate America's youth. It is good to have a weekend before students arrive for the school year. We are exhausted, yet will be ready Monday morning to greet students for a new year.

After I left Dale last night, I noted smoke in the sky at Parley's and I215. As I approached, fire fighters, police, and other emergency vehicles were approaching. Semi-Truck accident caused the brush fire. Once I got back to the high school, I called Dale to make sure he knew I was safe since--well--I have history (recent history) of car wrecks coming home from hospital. I went back to the school for a wedding reception of the school's IT Travis. I wanted to give him support for all the support he gives us. It was lovely. I am glad I was able to attend. We also won our football game (I followed it on Twitter), so it was a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment