Monday, August 22, 2011

Wash and Dry

I am so glad for modern conveniences like washers and dryers. Bedsheets and four pajama bottoms later, Dale is snoozing comfortably on the couch after a long day of dismissal of bowel fluids all day. Clorox is my friend. Side-affects after chemotherapy is not my friend. To be safe, neighbors sat with Dale most of the day, giving him support as needed. They will do so tomorrow also, just to make sure he is okay. Thank you Thank you. Dale's temperature has been a bit high but not in the danger zone they gave us. He hydrates pretty well, but appetite is missing as the nausea takes over. He has eaten very little today, although blood sugar is okay.

The men taking care of Dale today, also provided him with a shower chain (can't think what it is called--shower head with adjustable piping to easily move it around) shower chair, and walker for the days he needs them. This I suspect comes from experiences of care-taking and knowing what will come next. Oh my goodness. And I think I am going to be able to do it all (work, dissertation, care-taker)! I will probably just not be very good at anything.

May God bless us.

No comments:

Post a Comment