Sunday, August 21, 2011

Red box

Home from the four day chemo a bit earlier than we thought. But that is good. Dale is very tired, has been a bit "loopy" he calls it, but okay and glad to be home. His visitors at Huntsman found he was not there and then found our home to visit here. It is tiring, but good to Dale's spirit. He needs people around him and he always feels better from the visits.

Today begins the next stage for us also: home care. His tri-fusion line or the central line needs cleaning and flushing daily. I suppose my education of nursing skills are about to begin. A nurse is coming by to instruct me and show me what to do with all the supplies delivered a couple of hours ago. I am actually glad to be an educator, instead of a nurse, but this is my sweetheart, and its supposed to be different. I will do my best.

Note the big red container that was delivered today for all the stuff I will need to use!


There are cleaning supplies for the central line, needles for cleaning it, swabs to clean, and instructions for keeping it all in place WITHOUT infections. He needs the one shot in the morning and then all the various medications to keep him going well. I am a bit anxious about leaving him home alone for extended times. I will have to see how he is in the morning and how the night goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment