Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Glowing

Today was better-but that can be deceiving. Only 3 laundry loads during the night. Dale was up a lot all night, which means I was too. I went to work early, after he took his medications for the day. He was supposed to be asleep for two hours until Dave would get there. Dale got hungry--good sign. It took him a full hour to shuffle himself to the kitchen for a bowl of Rice Chex. Once Dave got there and observed Dale's behavior and report of the morning, he went back to his home and came back with a blood pressure cuff. 86 over 53. No wonder he fainted yesterday. No wonder he had no energy to move. So, I spoke with the nurse at Huntsman, which eventually got a nurse to the house to take vitals, flush the tri-fusion, drew blood and reported results to Huntsman.

The results are: no more high-blood medication, no more of one of the nausea pills, and tomorrow the nurse comes back for IV-two hour drip of saline. And, his tri-fusion lines need to be flushed out daily. The first nurse was not clear on that. Fair enough. So tonight, home care delivered equipment for the procedures. What a great service.

It all DEPENDS on how you look at it but, Dale asked for some help, so I called the pharmacy for an accurate blood pressure cuff and picked up supplies. Perhaps, less laundry.

One of the neighbors suggested getting a camera or two for security and for my peace of mind when I am not home with Dale. May need to look into that.

Last night, I did a take-care-of-Jan idea. The Celestial Cleaners were with us and as we were talking they asked if there was anything else they could do for me. I have found a need of a "girl's night out" and suggested a movie night. It was well received and we will go Friday night. Sitter already arranged for Dale while we are out. Nice. Great people around us.

Dale told me today how beautiful I have become. I know his vision must be tainted by those eyedrops, because I am exhausted. He says I glow and loves to see me interact with others. He thinks I have finally learned compassion. If that is true, perhaps the cancer thing can go away and we can go on to next adventures together.

No comments:

Post a Comment