Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Next round

Today begins the new phase of the chemo mixes. Dale was delivered to Huntsman for blood work first to determine if he was able to begin this next mixtures of chemo. Yes he is, so they put in a line of some sort, not a pick line or a port, but something else for the chemo. The first mix is the same that caused his violent chills and reactions, so it won't be a fun night. Diarrhea is taking over his system and this round will not help. It also is not too friendly with the kidneys, so they will watch that carefully. I am glad he is in good care of the hospital and not home. I am not so good of a nurse.

Dale is spreading love and caring still as he continues to weaken with the treatment and its side-affects. I recall when I decided to marry him, that if so many people and friends felt such joy to have Dale as a friend, he couldn't be all that bad. That legacy continues. Everywhere he is, people enjoy his friendship. I am lucky to have him as mine.

Dale has had numerous visitors. A whole group took annual leave from work to visit. When I got home, visitors kept coming one after another. Unfortunately for me, I was very, very tired--exhausted actually. And I still needed to be social and gracious. I had a hard time keeping awake; I had to move around, get up to get something, or something to keep awake. I realized that I am missing my "Jan" time. I need time for myself more than I thought. The thing is, Dale really needs not only "Jan" time but lots of people time too. How do I balance all that? I am so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment