Friday, September 2, 2011

WWII movie night

Dale is home and feeling okay. I got to Huntsman and he was ready to go. Appetite good, system doing well. As soon as we got home, he wanted to eat a chicken sandwich. I figure he can have whatever he wants. We spent some time with the list of medications figuring out what he is supposed to take when. They really have it detailed out. His balance and energy are fairly decent and so we are downstairs watching a WWII movie. Therefore, I am distracting myself and using my laptop instead of really watching. I believe this round of home time will be mellow enough that Dale will get cabin fever, but too bad. Can't do much nor go anywhere. He is doing just fine. It is good to have him here, although the war movie is, well war.

I must again relate kindness at work and home. Kind words, looks, hugs, and a few tears of support keep coming our way. Those energies consistently come around. What can I do, but keep doing the best I can each day? Neighbors called to make sure Dale was well enough to be home and ready to jump in if necessary.  We are blessed to have such good people around us.

Dale keeps mentioning how scared he is now of what his body will do next. It is an unknown world of unexpected, unplanned  body ailments and issues that are ahead. No wonder he is scared. Life with cancer takes on some curious turns and twists each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment