Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekends

Weekends are good, but too short. It would be nice to have three-day weekends more frequently. We have had visitors today. Love that. It helps both of us. Telling Dale's story is easy to do. Although there are many moments of we-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on, our daily needs are being met and boring is good for if it is boring, that means Dale's condition is handleable. Two weeks ago, it was an ER Saturday night. He was so much sicker than we knew at the time. Good thing we decided to go to the ER.  We have been through the first round of "formula A" and "formula B" and have eight more cycles of that. Dale has felt a bit weaker today and his blood pressure is in normal ranges without the high blood pressure pills, so he did not take it for today. We don't want to lower it any more. A few anxieties are setting in because of the next round of chemo is getting closer each day. If all goes well, they may begin to take his stem cells for future use this next go around.

We did get good news from the insurances: because of the "continuity in continuation of services" the bone marrow transplant will be covered by insurance. Yeah! One stressor taken care of. Otherwise, Dale would pretty much have to start over in the treatment plan with another network of providers. Not a good idea.

I decided to attend our football game last night. Glad I did. It felt good to be out--it was a beautiful night and we won 43-7. I not only love my job, I love the whole staff I work with. They are helping me greatly. I get much support from them. People come to my office just to talk, listen, and tell me how much they care. Many days, it is when I am needing it the most and it boosts me in a way to keep going. I am running as fast as I can, and when I stumble or am about to fall, someone is there holding my hand boosting my energies to continue on. It is all about serving one another. I am looking forward to church again tomorrow. It will be another good Sunday. I get to teach a lesson, topic is "Post Mortal Spirit World." Appropriate for me to learn more about this topic at this stage in the Mantle Cell journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment