Monday, September 19, 2011

D+ Nurse's Aides

Glad I saw Dale today. He was pretty down and out. The day was not fun at all. Seems that the team working with him today received "D+" for grades in school. Shower aqua-cover was inefficient, room in disarray and not sanitized for three days, bed was made incorrectly, headache, and he just felt lousy. He knows the chemo does it to him and had the desire to "pull the plug and come home." What could be worse than what the chemo is doing to him already anyway? He feels like he is "money in their pockets!" The more they treat him, the more money they get out of him. One more day of the 72 hour chemo and then home. There were a bunch of university people on the floor today, coughing, and breathing the air that all the compromised immune system cancer patients get to breathe. Not a good idea.

I was pretty fragile today. Several people came in to check on me. Well, maybe to ask me administrative questions and ended up staying because my countenance must be blaring through my veins. Someone even brought flowers to me. Very nice. I need that. Don't know who, but it is well appreciated. I am running as fast as I can. Someone told me I should just go home. Why? What would I do? Eat potato chips? Fortunately, I don't have any at home...I ate them last week. This week I am working on snow peas, carrots, and celery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment