Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gratitude

Weekends are good days. People are able to think of others and visit the sick. That is us. Recipients of such goodness. Kindness surrounds us and we feel the love and concern. The Holy Spirirt must be working overtime in our behalf by bringing us who and what we need as we need it. We are grateful. In listening to Dale tell his story of the last two weeks, I learn how neither of us really knew how seriously ill and fragile his health condition was for several days there at Huntsman. His body was sending what it could to the organs necessary in sustaining life. The rest had to be put aside because of the chemo side affects on his system. Not an easy process. Dale is on the edge of diarrhea control. He has eaten meals today. Rested most of the day and appreciated the visitors. I flushed his lines without incident. Good girl, Jan. I am really glad, though, that I am not a full time nurse. I appreciate all the medical folks and glad they are doing so much, but I rather do what I do, in the assistant principal role I am in. It takes many of us to make a community function well. Tomorrow we plan to have a mellow uneventful day. Hope it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment