Thursday, November 10, 2011

Smoke Alarms

Smoke alarms, fragile Jan, and cancer don't mix well at our home. Got Dale home, safe and in pretty good spirits. I fixed a dinner that he said was the best he had ever eaten! It went down hill from there. Smoke alarm went off while cooking, so I opened doors, turned fans on and waited for it to go off. Of course, the main room alarm is extremely high. I reset it, several times, with an extension post. It stayed quiet for 2-3 minutes. Downstairs alarm synchronized with upstairs. Nice. I got the huge and heavy ladder out, changed the batterie and hoped for peace. No. Called a friend, except I had one number missing on her phone number, so I Facebooked her hoping she would check it for messages. She did and tender mercies continued with her and husband coming twice to the house. Twice??? Yes. He replaced all batteries and it was quiet for a couple hours. Although as soon as I got to bed, albeit 7:45 PM, it bleeped again. Horrors! He lithely climbed the ladder and inspected once again, took it off and we all decided time to just replace the things! My night went further down from there. I will try to be nice today.
Only way to silence these things is to disengage the entire alarm!
But Dale is okay. Lots of blood draws before next round of chemo to check on levels and needs for transfusions. He is a good and patient man and is finding that, I have weak moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment