Sunday, November 6, 2011

Infection caused the grief

The doctors told Dale that his infection that has lingered on since about the beginning of his treatments is now gone, gone, gone, hopefully never to return. His body tried to fight the infection but it was more than it could handle, thus, diarrhea, slowed blood productions, and other complications. As all goes well, from this point on, treatments will be less awful. This round continues to do okay. He complains of slight headache, nausea, and loneliness, but is okay. I spent a couple of hours early this morning with him-a pleasant visit for both of us.

Dale speaks of "coming home." Each Sunday, I feel that I am home. Wonderful people around us. I learn the depth of these neighbors and friends all the time. I think we are home. I feel that I may be up to about 50% now, better, but not all there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment