Monday, November 7, 2011

Last 3 days

The last 3 days of 3A is hard on Dale. It is a DNA regulator of some sort that makes the DNA stop reproducing itself and the cancer too. Dr. said it has been used with cancer patience for a long time and works well, however, it is very hard on Dale. Nausea, diarrhea, and headaches remain his friends for the duration of its transmission. When I got to Huntsman today, he looked puffy, hot, and not feeling well at all.
Sense of humor gone for a few hours
Dale livened up eventually once he had his favorite visitor(s) and nurse there. People are his friends and he needs us. Call if you can, visit, if you are able. It has got to be a tough job living in hospital gowns, tethered to a post of drugs, and coping with all that cancer brings to one's mind. He does okay overall, but really loves to talk with friends and family.

Here is another view from Dale's room from Sunday morning. Beautiful clear wintery day. It amazes me how beautiful snow cleans the city. I am glad for winter fresh and clean air.

Dusting of snow in the valley
As I drove home tonight, my thoughts were on (well, driving mostly) but also on the many folks who consistently ask to help. Many make sure specific things are done, like winterizing the sprinkling system, or helping with snow removal now that winter has come or calls and visits . Thinking ahead for us. Thank you. Yes, we still need people to help us in a variety of ways. I am blessed to have such good men and women surrounding me. I am a private person normally. However, now people know more about me and my world than ever before; my vulnerabilities, weaknesses, fears, frustrations, faith, hopes, and a strength or two occasionally.  This mantle cell journey is public by design and it is our 100% existence. The thought processing of the blog stimulates healthy debriefing of conditions, emotions, and concerns. Thank you for reading and supporting us both--even though mantle-cell-R-we.

No comments:

Post a Comment