Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sick of being sick

I made it through a day of work by doing things that could be done at any time, took little thought and energy, and kept me awake. I got home later than I like the night before because I was able to put in my token evening activity duty at school making for a tired day. I hoped to come home, have dinner, and slowly work on Saturday chores. But alas, Dale felt really weak and waited for me to come home to transport to Huntsman. Diarrhea had set in again therefore, more concerns came in. Off we went to Huntsman center where we were able to go to the regular offices for blood work and such. They needed a sample of his diarrhea, and of course could not produce. Great! We went home and when he could, put it in a container for delivery the next morning. And of course, I drove once again to Huntsman with a treat for the lab people to see what the deal is and why he does so horribly--we think--with one of the anti-bodies he takes. Dale's day had lots of sleep, a good appetite, and a couple of visitors. 

Dale's attitude today, had some, "I am getting tired of being so sick and tired!" Reasonably so. I believe there has been many days of learning things like, long suffering, enduring to the end, and patience. He has done well with this cancer thing and although I have the balancing tasks of his cancer care, I can't imagine what is going on in his heart, mind, and spirits. His comfort level is top of all priorities. There is no list to check, no agendas, just whatever makes Dale comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment