Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chance of snow at 20% or is it me?

Dale reports that although he does not feel all that well, he is doing just fine with this round of chemo. They may give him a transfusion of blood tomorrow or Monday because blood levels are getting low. That makes sense to me, take care of the low blood before he goes home. I believe they are adjusting the timing on the chemo formulas and it may take one more day to do the complete cycle this week.

Dale has made a friend of a fellow mantle cell patient. His treatment is not quite as intensive as Dale's with only 4 or 5 day treatments versus Dale's 6-8 day treatments. Lucky guy. That is good for Dale to converse with another patient. They can keep each other company and deal with it all. We both appreciate the visitors, calls, and prayers of everyone. Thank you!

The first snow looked picturesque to me this morning. 

I don't really realize what a mess I am until something like yesterday's parent meeting. It was tense and I felt bullied. After a few hours of processing and feeling totally useless, I drove home. I spent the evening doing virtually nothing: turned my music up and worked on a puzzle. It was a fragile night for me. Saturday, I cleaned the garage--getting it ready with the winter tools. Felt good. Had lunch with Mom, sister, and niece. That was good also. I believe my vessel is at 20%. I am regrouping and glad to have an extra hour from Daylight Savings to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment