Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude

Thanksgiving Day brings a nation to memories, hope, and gratitude towards others. Take this day to reflect on gratitude, even if it is tough to do so.

  • I am grateful that Dale is doing well enough that his physician delayed the next phase of chemotherapy until perhaps tomorrow
  • I am grateful that his blood levels are high for a mantle cell patient, therefore the doctor felt it best to let blood levels drop further before chemotherapy knocks them down again
  • I am grateful for flexibility, patience, and endurance
  • I am grateful that I have a few extra hours today to work on my proposal due to change in Dale's schedule (travel and time at Huntsman Hospital), and delay of family dinner a few hours past original time
  • I am grateful that I have no cooking assignments for said dinner with family (they are all much better chefs than I)
  • I am grateful for the many friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family keeping us in their thoughts and prayers
  • I am grateful to all who continuously want to give of their time and energy to serve us in any way the can
  • I am grateful for gratitude; if gives one opportunity to put things into perspective and be glad

No comments:

Post a Comment