Thursday, October 13, 2011

Two pints & what a night!

Blood counts were low. Received two pints. Feels better. This will be a normal process in between chemo treatments, therefore, every 3 days, blood tests will be done to determine where he is and if and when he will need transfusions. I am glad he made it through. I am also glad for the beautiful basket of food left for us today. Kindness continues. Thank you.

The night was not so good. Two laundry loads and minimal sleep for both of us. Dale tried to stay "out-of-my-way" by staying in the other rooms, but somehow, I know and wake up to check on him several times. What a sweetheart he is: Dale tries his best to do what he can to keep my life as unobstructed as possible. To be able to take him to Huntsman for the blood work, he decided he would come to work with me and wait in the car until it was time to go. In the dark of the morning, and before Huntsman center offices were open for patient appointments, we drove to work, bundled Dale in a blanket, and I met with angry parents about their naughty son who denies his aggressiveness in a fight, then proceeded the process for others in this fight. It took me about 1 1/2 hours. Then the center was open and we were able to go. One must know, though, that I offered to come back home to pick him up or bring him into the school in our break room-a quiet corner that no one would even know he was there for an hour or so, but no! Dale needed to be as less as an inconvenience to me and my routines as possible! It worked out and all is well, but my goodness, I really could have come back home to pick him up! We have several more of this type of blood work appointments during my work day, so we will need to find a better way, it is getting cold out there. Perhaps if students don't get into trouble, parents accept that their child does make mistakes, and students actually attend school and engage in learning, before school meetings may decrease.


No comments:

Post a Comment