Sunday, October 9, 2011

Giving platelets

I spoke with Dale three times today. He has slept most of the day. A headache plagued him throughout the day and therefore, more medication was given and put him out. Looks like he will be ready to come home tomorrow morning some time. Several days of rest and then back again. He loves visitors, and that keeps his spirits up. We will have to become more and more careful, though, of hand washing and keeping the home sanitized. If you want to see him and you may be getting a cold or flu is setting in, call, or send a card but please, do not breathe around him. Flowers don't work any more, sad for me because flowers work well for me. I will be extra cautious myself this season of colds and flu, bundling up more, staying away from outdoor activities, sanitize hands and our home all the time, and staying as healthy as possible.

I gave platelets Friday. It wore me out a bit, so I stayed home and recovered. Movie night and a cozy blanket for me at home. If you can, give blood &/or platelets often.  I felt I could not go to our football game (we won!), for two reasons, I gave platelets, and it was miserably cold. I cannot compromise my health, yet I felt like I was letting everyone down. Sorry guys.

Thank you to the many prayers, thoughts, and wishes that come our way. It is felt and appreciated. My vessel has been depleted lately, and is beginning to fill back up. Thank you for lessons taught, love shared, and caring shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment