Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dogs & cleaning gloves

Friday was another very crazy day at school, but we made it through without 99.9% of students and teachers knowing what hit our offices today. The guy in the Halloween death costume did not help--scared the secretaries. It is strange that way, unless you are one of us, most people have no clue what goes on in order to keep students safe and learning, parents pleased, and teachers teaching.

I thank those that read the blog and comment occasionally. The blog helps me to process what is happening and gives me a place to keep records.

I volunteered to go to football last night, but was told it was covered and that I wasn't needed. Great! Now I am not needed at work any more or is it that I have trained them all so well in the last couple of years, they can do it on their own? Apparently, they needed me because we lost the game! Plus, I was told I need to spend time with Dale anyway--I work the dance tonight, so all is well...except Dale is not feeling too well. We may be taking a trip to University ER either early in the morning of later tonight. He thinks he can wait until...??? Headache, stomach pains and lots of bathroom breaks. (Thank goodness for cleaning gloves!)

Dale insisted on vacuuming last night, so he did the downstairs, and today the upstairs. I cleaned and completed Saturday chores (Mom will be pleased) and put in a couple hours of study too. Feels good to be able to do "normal" things as though things were normal.

It was such a pleasant fall evening, I decided to go for a walk, well, with my lawn mower. Felt good to be out and being productive, although, I found that dogs have enjoyed my lawn also, left gifts, and killed the grass on the edges. So what do you do? I cleaned out the tomato plants and found a cat's license collar. I heard the owners in their back yard, peaked over the fence, and gave it back to them...what could they say? Thanks?? I don't mind that people have pets, just that they don't keep them (and the gifts) out of our yard. We did, when we had dogs. It is just respect for others. If this entry seems out of sequence, it is. I drafted it, then we ended up in ER, I took picture and added that entry before submitting this one while waiting and waiting in ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment