Friday, October 21, 2011

Salty foods and caffeine for Jan

Assumption: if I don't add something daily, then: 1) things are just fine, 2) I am so exhausted I can't produce one more thought, 3) we are in emergency stages and there is no time to blog, 4) I am staying busy making sure Dale is okay, 5) I just did not get around to it, yet,  6) I am trying to figure out what has happened and need time to think before I write, or 7) I am on "vacation." This delay, probably a bit of 1, 4, & 5.

Thursday Dale's blood counts were good enough to come home. The day before was an adventure, though. His blood pressure was high, pulse rate high, nausea high, headache pounding, antibiotics dripping, and negative reactions to platelets. They ended up giving him a beta-blocker that worked well and so the night went well and blood counts good enough to come home. Small miracles like that happen all the time. I must administer an antibiotic twice each day through his lines. It is a ball of medication that I hook into his hickman port. Then I have to flush that line again. Not difficult, just important to stay in line with the timing on it.

Today, Dale feels much better, has enjoyed calls and visits, and is resting. I tried to give platelets today, but my blood pressure is too low. Hmmm. Guess I best I eat salty foods, drink caffeine, and get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment