Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I am Glad

Days continue to be 24 hours of care & work. Not everyone knows what is going on in our lives, but I feel like I have to tell anyone I meet. I went to the dentist yesterday, and besides canceling Dale's appointment, had to tell the office our plight. I gave them the blog address and almost pleaded with them to make sure they read and keep up with it. When I go to the grocery store, I feel like they need to know that almost everything I am buying is for Dale's needs and the critical care necessary. On our fall leaves drive the other day, I felt resentful to all those people on their bikes, doing healthy things and being able to do so! Don't they know that Dale is on the edge of life, and that I am doing all I can to care for his needs?? What are they doing?? Get out of our way and let us enjoy the serenity of fall colors without you there!

These thoughts have plagued me for a couple of weeks. What do I do with them? I watched Pollyanna with Hayley Mills. The Glad game must be a part of my thinking from now on.

I am glad...

  • that the Huntsman Center is right here in the valley
  • that Dale keeps such a great attitude
  • that there are many people that do know what is going on with us and supporting us in anyway they are able
  • the weather has been decent-especially to travel the 52 mile round trip to Huntsman
  • that most students at school are good kids
  • that teachers let me know of their care for me
  • that pansies garnish my desk in a pumpkin vase
  • that I work with a wonderful group of people
  • that I am forgiven for the many mistakes I feel I am making
  • that Dale had a pretty good day yesterday
  • that Dale will be entertained today with kind neighbors sharing talents with him
I will need to keep this list going just to put my mind in a better place than it has been for a while here.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad...for the incredible example of grace under pressure and the inspiration found in your posts. You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete