Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At 78% production

Dale did well on his own today, was serenaded by our 71 year old neighbor and his newly found love learning to play the banjo, several friends from the young singles group, and calls from many friends. That really, really helps, gives hope, and purpose to keep going. We giggled many times this evening. It felt good. Tomorrow begins 3A (8 days of treatment). He is ready and not anxious as other cycles. That I am glad for. By the time I got home, though, Dale was doing another load of laundry. A couple of bouts with diarrhea, but did okay. No lightheaded episodes today.

Several people came to me today. One saying that my coloring looks better and that it appears that I must be rested. Another said I looked kind of pale and should probably go home. Later, one more told me she didn't think I looked too well, gave me a big hug and made sure I could carry on. Yet one more, actually held my face and asked if I was alright! I'm going with the first one of better coloring and rested! I am so confused. Can't I just be alright and do what needs to be done? I actually felt dumpy and tired today. My production rate was at about 78%, however, was able to check off four things on my list at work. Not telling how long that list is...

All-in-all, Dale and I are doing alright. We have learned much about this whole deal and am carrying on okay. Perhaps some of my stressors can be lessoned as we continue with cancer treatment routines and I can function more efficiently/effectively. I will transport him to Huntsman in the morning for his labs and admissions for next round. We both thank everyone for the continuous, genuine concern, and care for both of us. It is working. Thank you!! It is felt and helps us both to get up each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment