Monday, February 27, 2012

Not a burden

Dale continues to suffer with kidney stone pain. As I spoke to him throughout the day, he quietly reassured me he was doing okay. Sometimes the pain was worse than another, yet he spoke to me with pleasantries and kindness. Throughout the cancer treatment experiences, he has not complained, shown anger, nor felt sorry for himself. Dale apologizes to me frequently for "putting [me] through this."  He certainly does not want to "get in the way" or "be a burden" to anyone.  He is not a burden. Stress, yes. But not a burden. He is a good man and worth every bit of that stress.

I find it interesting and reassuring that so many people care, read the blogs, ask questions, want updates, show understanding, and lend support for us still. In spite of tragic news through the day (locally and globally), our hearts are warmed with your concern and care. We believe in the goodness of family, friends, and people, and the hope we bring to one another.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. We feel so blessed to have come to know you. Our prayers are with you continuously.

    ReplyDelete