Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Acts of kindness

Acts of kindness on Valentines Day
When I come home, I usually come around the house from the main street in the front. I like the view, less traffic, and I know who is visiting or what is on our door step. Today had a pleasant surprise of many valentines, beautifully decorated and lovingly placed with get well wishes and we love you notes!

My first thought was Dale being creative with his time and reliving childhood practices, since he is less than 2 months old with new blood system working now. But then I realized, he would not know where the paper, markers, tape, and scissors would be to decorate. Some kindness, once again, has come our way. He thought he might have heard something earlier in the day, but did not notice what was happening. The Valentine Sweethearts secretly placed the wishes and disappeared, just as it was back in the day...We are grateful for the continuous goodness shown to us from many.

Dale is getting bored. He has begun to look around for projects he thinks he can manage. (Perhaps I can set some up for him to do.) This is a good sign. It means he feels much better, his thoughts are clearing, and stamina is improving. Weather is good enough, he just may be able to walk a short block or two, once in awhile. Radiology appointment this week and next back to his mantle cell doctor. Week after that will be another colonoscopy. (Oh joy!)

1 comment:

  1. I love that they "heart-attacked" you. As for boredom...I understand that sometimes. I don't know about Dale, but I love a good puzzle. You can listen to a book while doing the puzzle too.

    ReplyDelete