Sunday, February 12, 2012

Daily steak

Dale's energy and stamina continues to improve. He is able to get out more, stay up longer, and do more on his own. His cognitive ability seems normal most of the time and his depression is lessoned. I believe he is healing and progressing well. Such a different feel than a few weeks ago. We are still careful about being around people with possible infectious conditions and what he is able to eat. Dale wears his surgical mask in public all the time. I have his favorite meal memorized now, (cubed beef steak-well-done and cauliflower) which makes it easy. He is anemic according to blood labs from last week therefore, daily steak is just fine. It seems unusual, but there is only one planned medical appointment this week. 

We continue to be grateful to all that continually show concern and care for Dale's condition and my needs in it all. Each day, I can depend on caring words and kindness surrounding me. Once Dale is able to return to work, I am sure, he will be greeted with the same. Now, phone calls and visits sustain him as he loves to talk to friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment