Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Toxic waste

Dale felt okay today, although they had to bring in the toxic waste cleaners because he had a bit of an accident in the middle of the night. The chemo/urine mixture is not healthy to have sprayed around the room. He also has a port-a-potty next to his bed in case he needs it, quickly. He tells me all the cords hooked into him and the IV stand got tangled and he could not get out of bed quick enough. Makes sense. Poor guy. Probably not the first time such a cleanup has happened. Hope there are not too many more for Dale. He has a chemo tonight, then one more tomorrow. The next day will be the bone marrow transplant. After that, who knows? It will depend on how he is able to take it. One day at a time.



I am glad Dale is doing as well as he is
I am glad that happened at the hospital and not at home
I am glad Dale is at this point so much earlier than we anticipated
I am glad the weather is cooperating with my excessive driving needs on potentially snowy roads
I am glad others in my doctorate cohort are getting their proposals completed. Gives me hope it is possible--eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment