Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cruel & unusual

I came home today being out for a few hours to attend church, and found the keys on the counter and an empty McDonald's drink glass. I said nothing but inside, stewing up some comments: Fine! If you think you can start driving already and eating fast foods, you are on your own, buddy! You know what the doctor's orders are as well as I, and McDonald's and driving are not on the list. However, I said nothing and begin to make myself my dinner and begin talking about other things to Dale. He eventually volunteers that he had not gone anywhere, had visitors for awhile who left the McDonald's glass, and that he put the keys on the counter to get a reaction out of me. Cruel and unusual punishment for my complete devotion to Dale's well-being. Good thing I know how to advert the focus.

But that means he is feeling better, trying to get a smile, and wanting attention. But it still was not very funny! Diarrhea seems to be gone, weakness continues, and he chills easily. One day of many healing days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment