Monday, January 2, 2012

Glad game time

Dale is surviving the treatments, but it is not very fun. Nausea, chills, and diarrhea prevail now. He slept some of the day with cat naps and looked more rested. His appetite is down and energy level sinking. I suspect a blood transfusion is close by. He maintains a good attitude, mine is so-so. I am weary, feel incompetent, and don't trust decisions I make. Its time for the glad game.

I am glad for my eclectic music collection
I am glad I have caring, understanding, and supporting friends, co-workers, family
I am glad I was able to meet with a nice family from Connecticut "school searching" today
I am glad we have such a flexible staff to accommodate our students
I am glad that I love my career (although feeling out-of-sorts and incompetent this year)
I am glad a mistake I made today was quickly and unobtrusively found then quietly corrected
I am glad the guys are watching out for me
I am glad to each of the students who called me by name in the halls just to say "hello"

I am glad I am feeling better: listening to music and playing the glad game--good combination



No comments:

Post a Comment