Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Peach fuzz

It took two bags of platelets today before Dale's numbers stabilized. Diarrhea continues its presence. He has no appetite, yet has maintained weight perhaps because of all the fluids they pump into him. They prepped him for a CT scan this evening, but I don't know results yet. I am sure they are looking for some specifics.

Dale had a number of visitors today which is wonderful for his spirits. I also noted some peach fuzz on his head. He was pleased. I avoid peaches because a childhood trauma with hot peach fuzz, however, I can overcome peach fuzz when it comes to Dale's healing.
Hot peach fuzz for canning (don't know what those white things are, just a picture on internet of those terrible hot fuzzy skins that had to be pealed off)
Although winter is minimal so far, each time snow settled on our sidewalks and steps, someone valiantly cleared the snow. I am reading a thoughtful book that another gave to me at work as a "Candy Gram" SBO's do at Christmas season. We do not know who shovels the snow or who gifted the book, nevertheless, a thoughtful insight to us. It is nice to have people think of us and bring their service, kindness, and thoughts to see us through these stressful days. Dale and I are blessed with friends who care  and step in just as we need a boost. Thanks goes to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment