Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Caretaker Brain

Today was a good day for both of us. I decided I needed to stay home and be with Dale through the day. We needed the emotional connection and support we give one another. He was alone and quite uncomfortable for several days, and I was exhausted. I thought the exhaustion was physically induced from several days of constant walking in the sun in Disneyland and trying to keep up with 20 drill team girls, but once I got home, I felt an emotional relief. Part of the exhaustion must be from the exhausted caretaker brain. I figure if Dale can have chemo brain to excuse and explain, I too can claim a brain. It takes emotional energy to caretake from far away. It is just better to be together.

I did nominal tasks around the home keeping it bone marrow transplant patient clean. Dale helped in changing the sheets however, became winded assisting me. His stamina is minimal and he does what he can, hoping to be productive somehow. Doctor appointment in the morning, labs, and hopefully, just good news of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment