Saturday, March 10, 2012

Cancer remission heroes

I live with a good man who cooks too. Dale wants to help as much as possible making his day productive and contributing to our domestic and academic chores. His energy increases each day and his domestic skills are in working order. We took a walk grocery shopping, returned home, Dale rested, I studied. Dale cooked dinner, I studied. We ate, Dale rested, I cleaned the kitchen. We walked around the block outside, Dale rested, I blogged. Dale is progressing well, still needs a bathroom within sight, however, better than earlier this week. He can handle more activity than a week ago. He has visible beard growth and fuzz on his head, which makes him happy. The toxic chemo must finally be gone from his body.

I believe the blog topics may become mundane, monotonous, repetitive, and redundant (see?). We are slowly returning to somewhat of a normal life, albeit, Dale is not working yet, he can't be in public without his surgical mask, and his immune system still needs healing.  Our daily happenings are like others out there with no reports of particular interests in the remission side of cancer.

Did you read that? No reports of particular interests in the remission side of cancer, that statement itself is reportable! Amazing, but here we are! Remission. Anyone in the remission side of cancer is a hero to me. It is a tough battle. Dale even told me that kidney stones were nothing, really, compared to his cancer treatments.

Writing this blog helps both of us not only to process the journey's experiences, but to share our story. As it dwindles to regular life, I will miss doing so and just may need to begin a new blog about the happenings at high school through my eyes as an assistant principal. I will need to create total anonymity, pseudo names for all parties, places, leaders, students, and faculty, to protect us all. Could be a good read, never boring or dull, and comments of "you can't make up this kind of stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment