Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Best gift

Last November, while Dale was quite sick, he told me to go shopping on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. He was receiving more chemotherapy, getting ready for bone marrow transplant, and doing all he could to stay positive. I went to the mall, walked in stores, and wandered with the crowds. I came to the jewelry store and found a Black Friday special for a 20 year anniversary ring-simple band with a few diamonds. I bought it with the hope he would actually make it to January 18, our 20 year anniversary. I did not think he would make it through the next treatments. His condition at that time, still very fragile. Several weeks later, he was released from the bone marrow transplant hospitalization on our 20 year anniversary. A great gift. I did not get flowers, however, I got my Dale. At day 85, he has come a long long way since Black Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment