Friday, December 16, 2011

My turn

Results of Dale's tests so far are good. No sign of mantle cell lymphoma cancer. There is one more next week for the colonoscopy and then we will know more. The doctor clarified why his white blood cells are high and I was satisfied with the answer. He also has the baseline overall checkup to begin the BMT process. We are getting into the next phase of treatments. Once BMT is completed, they give Dale back to the mantle cell lymphoma doctor's care for the next phase. She seemed pretty optimistic as she spoke with us. We were pleased.

So pleased that I allowed Dale to drive home. I was in no condition to drive. I felt lousy. And he was feeling good. I got carsick, though, because of acceleration and quick stops and changing lanes all the time! The night brought me and the bathroom toilet becoming intimate friends, or perhaps enemies. Scared Dale! I stayed home. Feel better now, but not really. Must be a combination of many things. Smog and yuck outside, Dale with a "clean slate" for now, and complete exhaustion. Poor guy, I interfered with his rest and relaxation for a day when I should have been at work. Missed our Holiday staff luncheon which I look forward to each year. Too bad for me, but good that I did not go. It would have been ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment