Monday, July 25, 2011

Care-taking begins

Dale, has been diagnosed with mantle cell lymphoma, and should begin his chemotherapy in two days. School, for me, begins in six days. I go out of town with a bunch of teachers for a training The district is having us pilot a program this year. Dale will be in hospital for his first round of treatments. We determined that I need to go. He will be well taken care of in the hospital. Still, though, I have a feeling of neglect. However, Dale does not want me to come to the hospital and sit and stare at him especially at this time when dissertation research is beginning and well, so does high school football. Lots of time at work begins again. Love my job, actually.

Caretaker? I have no idea what we are in for. Absolutely NO idea. Many people give their experiences to me, and I take that into consideration, but I have no idea what is ahead of us, just that it is a big deal and our life style has changed. Friends are volunteering to do yard work, and house work, and transportation to and from chemo. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This will help. Others are adding that they can certainly sit with Dale when he is home in between treatments. Love and support from those around both of us is great.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, you will both find your way through this. I wish I lived closer to offer help but know our prayers are with you both. The Lord is always there whenever you need Him and so are the many, many loving people who care for you two. Never doubt that. I've learned how wonderful people are to want lend a hand so let the blessings flow for them as well as you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, you are loved. This blog is good. I love you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete