Monday, April 16, 2012

Aging

Tests went well today, as far as I can see so far anyway. What do I know? PET scan took about 2 1/2 hours, chest x-rays were quick, blood labs, and pulmonary tests, reasonable, and the bone marrow biopsy was speedy. Because Dale was given a pain killer, he rests solidly still this evening. He looks not pale, tired, or sick, but older and grayer. He has probably aged 5-7 years in the last 10 months. Me? I didn't age. Just became wider, I mean wiser. His emotional well-being seems improved. He jokes, teases, and has sharpened his wit. We will not meet with his doctors until next week for test results. Tuesday we meet with the cancer doctor, the next day the bone marrow doctor. That gives the doctors more time to read and analyze tests results which is okay with us. Reports will follow. The fourth colonoscopy within this year is three weeks from now, then I suspect the Huntsman doctors may want to see him again for more discussions. It is not over yet, however, I believe that Dale's progress is in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment